Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

11TH BATTALION SOUTH WALLES BORDERS

BIFFO

I am researching a man A GIRDLESTONE 11th batt service number 21768,I thought  my luck was in 11th wd from dec 1915 then it stops Jan 1918,just my luck,my man was gassed 18th SEPT , I think some where around Langermark,any GWF know where the 11th were from JAN 18 until SEPTEMBER

:poppy:

The WD for the 115th Brigade from Jan 18 onwards starts here on Ancestry: click hereBut as Hywyn says, according to LLT the battalion was disbanded in Feb 18. On 12 Feb, the brigade WD notes that 11 SWB 'left the brigade'.

Acknown

His SR is on Ancestry: click here. It seems that he went to the 28th Entrenching Battalion on 02 Feb 18, then was transferred to the RE on 06 Apr 18 (no. 359939).

Acknown

Service papers for Arthur  on both Ancestry and Find my Past.  Transferred 26/2/1918 to 38 Signal Company Royal Engineers. Served as Pioneer 359939.

Bob

thank you all for your help,ok now my problem is as a re pioneer what was he doing 18th September 18 when he was gassed,when I bought the medals the chap who sold them said he was told A Girdlestone was in the Langamark area ?.I have found out he was first taken to 34 CCS GREVILLERS FRANCE,Put on ambulance train 37,brought back to England ended up in Stramongate aux hospital kendal

Biffo