Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

PH.Gas hood bag

Paddy 60th

As well as being a  collector of Great War militaria for many years I have recently started to collect early cameras from the late 1890's to the late 1930's.

A few weeks ago I saw on a well known internet site a Kodak folding camera circa 1917/18. Apart from what appeared to be a nice condition camera

what interested me most was the carrying bag it came in. It looked very much like a well used PH gas hood outer bag. The pictures on the listing didn't show the bag very clearly

but I decided to bid on the lot and won it. I was the only bidder and got the camera and bag for the very low starting price !

When I received the items it appeared that I was right and it was the bag I thought it was. It has had additional front buttons fitted but one of the originals is still there.

I'm enclosing some pics. and would be interested to see if any of you experts out there think that this is a PH bag.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this

Roger

001.JPG

004.JPG

002.JPG

005.JPG

Roger,

I can’t answer your question but wondered whether the writing under the flap holds any clues.

I can’t make out what it says on my phone screen.

Simon

To my eyes, it looks like the owner’s name “D Grenville”.

Regards,

JMB

Edited by JMB1943
typo

In my opinion it is a very nice original PH hood bag. Nice find.

Regards

Mark

Thanks for your replies and comments guys and just to confirm that it is the name  'D Grenville' on the flap. I'll have to do some research on him.

Roger