Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 2019 - speaker and booking details

AlanCurragh

The tenth annual Great War Forum conference will be at the Tally Ho in Birmingham again, on 27th April 2019, with the same format as the previous conferences - five speakers, starting at 10.30, finishing at 5.30. 

I'm delighted to announce that the speakers are -

Christina Holstein - "The Left Bank at Verdun in 1916 : A contingency to be implemented only if circumstances require it"

John Garth - "Tolkien and the Great War"

Rob Thompson - "Après La Guerre Fini - Drawing down the BEF 1919-1920"

Alan Wakefield - "First World War Aerial Photography at the Imperial War Museum"

Peter Hart - "Not Just Making Up The Numbers - the American Argonne Offensive" 

As last year, the cost will be £32 per person, covering the conference, lunch and tea and coffee. Regarding dinner, I'd like to ask those who want to stay to dinner to mention if they'd rather have dinner at the Tally Ho as in previous years, or elsewhere - perhaps one of the restaurants near the Premier Inn on the Hagley Road.

We'll also be having our traditional get together in the Old Contemptibles pub in the centre of Birmingham on Friday evening.

As with last year's event, pals will be more than welcome to bring along books to sell, or any display material you have.

Please can you let me know you want to attend, and if so pay a deposit of £10. You can make your payment either via bank transfer, a cheque or by using the Paypal link - details of all three methods are here - 

https://www.greatwarforum.org/donations/

Any questions, please let me know

Many thanks

Alan

• spof unpinned this topic