Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

PIN26 - Anyone got a file from that set, please ?

ss002d6252

A big ask but does anyone have a record from the PIN26 set that they'd be willing to allow to me see ?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

I have 2 I think, an officer and an OR. Could dropbox 1 or both tomorrow?

TEW

8 hours ago, TEW said:

I have 2 I think, an officer and an OR. Could dropbox 1 or both tomorrow?

TEW

Thanks. That would be much appreciated if you could.

Craig

9 hours ago, Phil Evans said:

Craig,

If you have access to Ancestry or FMP, look up the record of Arthur Thomas George BEECH, Pte 302784, Essex Regiment.

According to the front sheet, it is PIN26/1239.

Phil

Interesting, I thought all the PIN files were kept separate to the main batch. Presumably the PIN file at the N/A must contain some other records for the man in addition to what is in the main run of service records ?

Craig

I think what I have is actually 2 for ORs, no officer. From what I've seen the WO364 series on Ancestry indicates on the cover sheet if there is a Pin26 record as well for that man, this is sometimes not shown via FMP.

What you get in the Pin26 record is --- a lot more info! There will probably be duplicates of the WO364 but medical boards, correspondance, family, address may run either until the man dies or his pension is stopped.

The one I have with me (sorry forgot the 2nd one) is for #154926 May, Ancestry have 11 sheets inc some blanks. The Pin 26 that I photoed has 24 sheets.

What I'm not sure about is if all the Pin26 records are annotated as such on the WO364 set.

Craig, always interested in feedback. PM Sent

TEW

On 28/11/2018 at 10:06, TEW said:

I think what I have is actually 2 for ORs, no officer. From what I've seen the WO364 series on Ancestry indicates on the cover sheet if there is a Pin26 record as well for that man, this is sometimes not shown via FMP.

What you get in the Pin26 record is --- a lot more info! There will probably be duplicates of the WO364 but medical boards, correspondance, family, address may run either until the man dies or his pension is stopped.

Thanks for that TEW.

I have a couple of possible non-commemorations that have PIN26 files, so any additional information helps.

I think a visit to Kew may be coming up.

Phil