Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

John Anderson 1/8 Royal Scots

Peter Le Duc

Hi Folks,

i have spent time this year research the War journeys of both of my Grandfathers, who both survived, and have written their “stories”. Much of the information has come from help derived from this forum and from the various war diaries. Having just returned from a tour of the Somme and Ypres my research has gone about as far as I can take it.

I have therefore decided to post their stories on this site in case anyone is interested and to record the for posterity.

This is the second for Grandad John Anderson 1/8 Royal Scots

Grandad Anderson-1.pdf

• Admin

@spof any idea why this attachment is unavailable?

Thanks 

Hi Glen,

Have tried recreating pdf and reuploading several times both from IPAD and Laptop.

nothing is working.

i think it may be an authorisation issue.

peter

• Admin

Hi Peter

I've spoken to our hosting provider and they are having an issue with this. They are working on a fix and I'll let you know when it is done.

Glen

• 1 year later...

Hi Peter

I have read with great interest your summary of the very brave John Anderson - thank you very much

I have been looking for a John Anderson born  ~1821, so your John could be my John's father

A number of details really match - can I please ask a couple of questions? Is your Aunt related to Samuel Gibson who married Agnes (Kennedy Richardson) Anderson and thereby connected to John Anderson? Did you discover where John was born after mentioning he lived in Edinburgh after the war? Did you find out who John married and his family, including a son John born ~ 1831

Happy to exchange more information and looking forward to your reply

Hi Tony,

Sorry, only just seen your message.

Unfortunately I have to disappoint you.

John Anderson was my Grandfather. Co-incidentally he did have a son John, born in 1922. Sadly though his son died in a motor cycle accident in 1938 aged 16.  I have never heard of any of the other names you mention nor do they appear anywhere  in my family tree.

good Luck with your search.

peter