Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

William Jake P

I Correct/Colorize Images

William Jake P
On 22/11/2018 at 08:29, Paul Crook said:

Thanks for making this generous offer. I hope you enjoy the weekend and turkey etc. If possible could you have a look at these two for me. I really only 'need' the one of John Crook doing but I am adding the other one in case it's easier to that one (John doesn't have a hat, Wallace Holman does). Anything would be good and thanks again for the offer

tregards

Paul Crook

WW1 John Crook.jpg

WW1 Wally Holman.jpg

I have finished the photo of John Crook

383060687_WW1JohnCrook.jpg.09a25cbe915960bbb3923353dc82ba49.jpg

William Jake P
On 22/11/2018 at 12:45, thetrenchrat22 said:

Hi, William Jake P 

here are couple of photos, if you could do some with them

Alan31C7A567-DC00-49E0-9DBB-A4B9574AE5E3.jpeg.4b9c06c3f51dea22abe41ff96b91cd3a.jpeg

8F2D1661-5C17-4495-82A9-5DCF391A93E8.jpeg

Ive tried repairing your photo but it is not to good, I will work on the colorization of the other one soon.

31C7A567-DC00-49E0-9DBB-A4B9574AE5E3.jpeg.4b9c06c3f51dea22abe41ff96b91cd3a.jpg

sajackr

William Jake P,

I would be very grateful if you could do something with this one once the studying is over?

Good luck with the finals.

Regards

Sajackr

r902476273_SamuelTrim.jpg.bc60f6ce58250c25ae07e6f74d7068f5.jpg

kloughnane

William Jake P,

That is absolutely brilliant - I am 'gobsmacked'!

The couple in the photo are Robert and Beatrice Lax and was taken (I believe) on their wedding day in 1925. Their granddaughter provided me with the photo, asking which regiment he belonged to. The family thought that he was Royal Engineers but members of this forum have identified him as being Royal Artillery (RFA).

I really hope that this hasn't interfered with your studies? Good luck with them

Once again - absolutely brilliant. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Kev Loughnane.

William Jake P
4 minutes ago, kloughnane said:

William Jake P,

That is absolutely brilliant - I am 'gobsmacked'!

The couple in the photo are Robert and Beatrice Lax and was taken (I believe) on their wedding day in 1925. Their granddaughter provided me with the photo, asking which regiment he belonged to. The family thought that he was Royal Engineers but members of this forum have identified him as being Royal Artillery (RFA).

I really hope that this hasn't interfered with your studies? Good luck with them

Once again - absolutely brilliant. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Kev Loughnane.

Thank you Kev, quite a nice story, wonderful how this forum can find things out with the littlest amount of information, truly love it. Any other photos needed just ask, i'm always open. 

kloughnane

William Jake P,

I have forwarded the colourised photo to Robert and Beatrice Lax's granddaughter - she loves it. She uses the word "Awesome"  - I agree!

Thank you,

Kev Loughnane

kloughnane

William Jake P,

The attached is a photo of my wife's great grandfather, Philip Card. The photo was taken in Egypt whilst he was serving in the Royal Engineers during the Great War.

I fully appreciate that you have a lot of studying to do (I really don't envy you!), and I can see from the forum that you already have a lot of photos to work on, so please take as much time as necessary. Obviously your studies take priority so I am happy to wait as long as needs be.

Thank you,

Regards,

Kev Loughnane.

Philip Card - RE.jpg

Jools mckenna
5 minutes ago, kloughnane said:

William Jake P,

The attached is a photo of my wife's great grandfather, Philip Card. The photo was taken in Egypt whilst he was serving in the Royal Engineers during the Great War.

I fully appreciate that you have a lot of studying to do (I really don't envy you!), and I can see from the forum that you already have a lot of photos to work on, so please take as much time as necessary. Obviously your studies take priority so I am happy to wait as long as needs be.

Thank you,

Regards,

Kev Loughnane.

Philip Card - RE.jpg

Just have to comment what a nice photo that is

kloughnane
28 minutes ago, Jools mckenna said:

Just have to comment what a nice photo that is

Jools McKenna,

Thank you. It is a photo that my wife and I had never seen before, until we sent a "Grandparents Book" to her grandmother in the States. It was amazing how much information came back to us and the photos were brilliant - we discovered that she had served in the Women's Auxiliary Air Force during the Second World War. A project that was certainly worth doing!

Regards,

Kev Loughnane