Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

William Jake P

I Correct/Colorize Images

William Jake P

I'm not sure if if this counts as advertisement and I am dearly sorry if it is. But I will correct and possibly colorize images for you for free. I have attached an image of Paul von Hindenburg that I had done. The colors could be off on that one I had not much time to do research him but that is about a representation of what I can do. I am open to any image that you have so please send them at me. Again, sorry if this is counting as advertisement, my apology.

Paul_von_Hindenburg-2.jpg

spof

Hi @William Jake P

As you are not charging for the offer to colourise photos, we do not regard this as advertising so your post is OK.

Regards

Glen

GWF Admin Team

PS. You've done a wonderful job on that photo and I personally look forward to seeing more photos like that.

charlie962

Remarkable transformation.

Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

Very good.

Bardess

Hi William Jake P and welcome. I have a very tricky one - the only picture our family have of our Great Uncle is from a newspaper and is extremely poor. Would you be able to tackle something like this please? I understand if you only work from photographs. TIA

JRS.jpg

William Jake P
1 hour ago, Bardess said:

Hi William Jake P and welcome. I have a very tricky one - the only picture our family have of our Great Uncle is from a newspaper and is extremely poor. Would you be able to tackle something like this please? I understand if you only work from photographs. TIA

JRS.jpg

Well I am very sorry but grainy photos like these are incredibly hard to work on. This is as far as I can get without messing it up to much.

JRS.jpg.490066c8a4d11e28915f70957aae74e.jpg

Bardess

Understood. And thank you :thumbsup:

robins2

11218902_10155993633060183_3984158396254704115_n.jpg.49a2895a77b2d7660d149e58b5516f6e.jpgwould you please try this one

thanks

regards

Bob R.

kloughnane

William Jake P,

This is a brilliant offer! Any chance that you could have a go at this one? I appreciate that it may take some time and that there will be a degree of guess work in selecting the colours?

Regards,

Kev Loughnane

IMG-20181114-WA0009.jpg

WhiteStarLine

Hi William,

Love the Hindenburg image.  If you have a moment, here is a picture of my grandfather that I would love to see in colour.  He was an Australian signaller:

We have a 45 MB TIFF - this is a 350 KB JPEG.

Thanks,

Bill

1477982635_ESFEnhanced.jpg.dd4d71290cd1ddc79ef3c4e77ba1b3c1.jpg

William Jake P
15 minutes ago, WhiteStarLine said:

Hi William,

Love the Hindenburg image.  If you have a moment, here is a picture of my grandfather that I would love to see in colour.  He was an Australian signaller:

We have a 45 MB TIFF - this is a 350 KB JPEG.

Thanks,

Bill

1477982635_ESFEnhanced.jpg.dd4d71290cd1ddc79ef3c4e77ba1b3c1.jpg

2 hours ago, kloughnane said:

William Jake P,

This is a brilliant offer! Any chance that you could have a go at this one? I appreciate that it may take some time and that there will be a degree of guess work in selecting the colours?

Regards,

Kev Loughnane

IMG-20181114-WA0009.jpg

5 hours ago, robins2 said:

11218902_10155993633060183_3984158396254704115_n.jpg.49a2895a77b2d7660d149e58b5516f6e.jpgwould you please try this one

thanks

regards

Bob R.

I will be away for the next few days (I'm a yank, having some turkey). I should be able to get to work on them by Sunday.

William Jake P
6 hours ago, robins2 said:

thanks

regards

Bob R.

I have finished your photo. Not the best but I think it's good enough. Cheers!

imageproxy.jpg

Edited by William Jake P

HERITAGE PLUS

I would be grateful if you could have look at this one. 

Thanks Dave

20180219_205548.jpg

William Jake P
12 minutes ago, HERITAGE PLUS said:

I would be grateful if you could have look at this one. 

Thanks Dave

20180219_205548.jpg

Here is an Adjusted photo. I will work on the colorization on Sunday.

20180219_205548.jpg.dc52360e6be100b9c79cf9aafa0b972.jpg

HERITAGE PLUS

Thank-you very much.

Dave

charlie962

William Jake P,

As we saw with the films used in 'they shall not grow old' it is impossible to work miracles with low definition faded photos. But the first one you did for Robins2 improves the picture considerably. I suspect the Aussie signaller could produce a very fine photo if you use the original high definition example. Cannot wait to see it. Very good of you to offer these 'colorizations'. I hope you don't get flooded out with requests!

Charlie

Edited by charlie962

William Jake P
19 minutes ago, charlie962 said:

William Jake P,

As we saw with the films used in 'they shall not grow old' it is impossible to work miracles with low definition faded photos. But the first one you did for Robins2 improves the picture considerably. I suspect the Aussie signaller could produce a very fine photo if you use the original high definition example. Cannot wait to see it. Very good of you to offer these 'colorizations'. I hope you don't get flooded out with requests!

Charlie

Thanks for the input Charlie!

Yeah I was thinking of using the TIFF file, they are much easier to work with. I am getting quite flooded, which is good, keeps me busy. If you ever need a photo done just let me know, always open!

William,

Paul Crook

Thanks for making this generous offer. I hope you enjoy the weekend and turkey etc. If possible could you have a look at these two for me. I really only 'need' the one of John Crook doing but I am adding the other one in case it's easier to that one (John doesn't have a hat, Wallace Holman does). Anything would be good and thanks again for the offer

tregards

Paul Crook

WW1 John Crook.jpg

WW1 Wally Holman.jpg

William Jake P
17 minutes ago, Paul Crook said:

Thanks for making this generous offer. I hope you enjoy the weekend and turkey etc. If possible could you have a look at these two for me. I really only 'need' the one of John Crook doing but I am adding the other one in case it's easier to that one (John doesn't have a hat, Wallace Holman does). Anything would be good and thanks again for the offer

tregards

Paul Crook

WW1 John Crook.jpg

WW1 Wally Holman.jpg

I have repaired the photo of John Crook and will get to the colorization on Sunday.

Regards

William

290070102_WW1WallyHolman.jpg.2e1bd31aa74f6c0f7b6e5adb07955c6.jpg

Paul Crook

thank you very much

thetrenchrat22

Hi, William Jake P 

here are couple of photos, if you could do some with them

Alan31C7A567-DC00-49E0-9DBB-A4B9574AE5E3.jpeg.4b9c06c3f51dea22abe41ff96b91cd3a.jpeg

8F2D1661-5C17-4495-82A9-5DCF391A93E8.jpeg

Edited by thetrenchrat22

robins2
8 hours ago, William Jake P said:

I have finished your photo. Not the best but I think it's good enough. Cheers!

imageproxy.jpg

wonderful, thanks ever so much

regards

Bob r.

PS  Happy ThanksGiving

Edited by robins2
add sentence

dundeesown

Hi

Could you give this a go ? (Black Watch)

Great work on the other pictures :D

Scan0004.jpg

Michelle Young

Can you have a go with Ernie please when the turkey and pumpkin pie have been digested! 

Thank you  

IMG_1261.JPG

William Jake P
On 22/11/2018 at 08:29, Paul Crook said:

tregards

Paul Crook

WW1 John Crook.jpg

WW1 Wally Holman.jpg

I have finished the Colorization of Wallace Holman. Sorry I got confused on who is who. I will work on the photo of John Crook when I get home today.

290070102_WW1WallyHolman.jpg.2e1bd31aa74f6c0f7b6e5adb07955c6.jpg