Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private 13641 Frederick James Duggan

Mangoman

Is it possible to establish when the above man attested for the 2nd Btn. Royal Berkshire Regiment? All I know is that he was awarded the 1914-1915 Star so he nust have served in France & Flanders between those years. 

I have done a search and there are no military records for this man on Find My Past but thank you for your assistance

Edited by Mangoman

There IS a file for this soldier, I have just been reading it ! It says he enlisted on 5 Sep 1914 and discharged to Class Z Reserve on 10 Feb 1919. He went to France on 19 Sep 1915,left Marseilles for Salonika on 11 Nov 1915, landing there on 24 Nov 1915. A few hospital visits during his service there, malaria etc which provided him with a temporary pension at war's end.

Thank you for the information you have given but when I looked it indicated that there were no military records for this man. I do appreciate what you have done for me.

Edited by Mangoman

I sometimes do that and miss things too ! Meant to mention that sickness was a bigger toll in Salonika theatre than casualties of warlike actions !

Your man would have moved there with 7 Battalion Royal Berks (78 Infantry Brigade of 26 Division ).

Many thanks sotonmate for going to the trouble of sending me the info on Private Duggan. Very informative. 

• 3 months later...

Mangman.

Regarding Frederick James Duggan, I am interested in this man also. I collect medals to the name DUGGAN ( me ) and have him on my database. 

May I ask why you were enquiring into him... out of interest .

regards