Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Armistice and After: The Post-War Struggles of Britain's WW1 Heroes

The Scorer

This is a book by Roland Wales which has a publication date of 30th October 2018.

It's available on Amazon for 25.00, and was also included in a Pen and Sword Sale leaflet enclosed with the latest copy of the WFA's 'Stand To!'. However, it doesn't seem to be on the Pen and Sword web site, so I've no way of checking whether it's been published or indeed how to buy it.

Does anyone know anything about this, please? Has anyone read / seen it and, if so, would they recommend it?

Thank you.  

Edited by The Scorer

I asked Roland about his book when he gave a talk at the Surrey History Centre a couple of Saturdays ago and it is not yet published. You might also be aware of another book from Pen & Sword which I came across at Kew last week Michael Senior's The Soldiers' Peace: Demobilizing the British Army 1919 that might also be of interest. 

2 hours ago, bootneck said:

I asked Roland about his book when he gave a talk at the Surrey History Centre a couple of Saturdays ago and it is not yet published. You might also be aware of another book from Pen & Sword which I came across at Kew last week Michael Senior's The Soldiers' Peace: Demobilizing the British Army 1919 that might also be of interest. 

Thanks very much; I rather thought that it hadn't been published, despite claims to the contrary! Did he give any indication of when it will be published, please? It's not a problem if he didn't, because I've sent him a message via his web site as well.

The other book looks interesting as well, so I'll see what they're both like and make a decision.

I wrote to Roland Wales as promised, and I've had a reply.

The publication date of the book has been pushed back a few months, as it proved impossible to have it ready by the Armistice. The target is now the beginning of July next year, although it’s possible that the cover and the title might change a little, as a book with ‘Armistice’ in the title might seem less interesting eight months after the event. 

Roland has promised to write and give me some more information when it's available. I'll post this here when I receive it.