Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

NEW RELEASE TO FINDMYPAST 16/11/2018

tullybrone

Excellent More Medical Records, Plus The KRRC Chronicle and the RB Chronicle which are superb sources. Thanks for the heads up and that fully justifies my taking up their sub offer at -50% this week ( offer closes shortly?)

Charlie

Edited by charlie962

Shame they didn't do it BEFORE last weekend so it was included in the free time.

British Armed Forces, First World War Soldiers' Medical Records

Over 224,000 new records have been added to our collection of The National Archive’s First World War Soldiers' Medical Records. Including both images of transcripts, these records will enable you to discover when and where your ancestor was wounded, the nature of their wounds, where they were treated and how long they were held for treatment.

What is nice about this set is the fact that it includes some Indian Army (all ranks) entries. I am uncertain if other Empire related casualties are included due to only have a quick search around during the early hours.

Sepoy

Does anyone know if these are the same set of records that were already available on the "Forces war records" site? 

FMP are displaying the original image as well as a transcription, whereas Forces war records only show the transcript. 

1 hour ago, jonbem said:

Shame they didn't do it BEFORE last weekend so it was included in the free time.

British Armed Forces, First World War Soldiers' Medical Records

Over 224,000 new records have been added to our collection of The National Archive’s First World War Soldiers' Medical Records. Including both images of transcripts, these records will enable you to discover when and where your ancestor was wounded, the nature of their wounds, where they were treated and how long they were held for treatment.

Hi,

I think at least some of the records were on there last weekend as I found a great uncle listed on No 3 CCS Admission Register in Feb 1915. I think they may have added more hospital records plus the additional material listed.

Steve

Just now, tullybrone said:

Hi,

I think at least some of the records were on there last weekend as I found a great uncle listed on No 3 CCS Admission Register in Feb 1915. I think they may have added more hospital records plus the additional material listed.

Steve

I agree, my grandfather's listing (also 3 CCS but for October 1918) showed up just days before the free weekend. I had been checking almost daily for it in November, hoping it would be there in time, as it had just gone past their 100 year rule!

Many thanks for the pointer on these new records.  Found a couple of mentions of a relative in the RB Chronicle, albeit no knew info...but every mention is worth tracing!

Their 100 rule doesn't hold water, there are records in this set for 1920.

TEW

Ah, just checked and 1919/1920 records on FMP are mis-transcriptions for 1918 sets. Worryingly, I just checked a sheet for Anderson 1448067 and found that he's actually #1905508. 1448067 is Webb, the man below his entry. In fact this whole sheet has slipped out of kilter between name & number- oh dear!

TEW

It appears that FMP now requires a full subscription, whereas there used to be a "pay as you go" option which was good for anyone who only wanted short term access.