Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

location's of FH315 and FH 354

C.SHUTT

My wife's grandfather Archibald John Biishop was treated at the above FHs on 28/7/18 and 13/8/18,He was wounded again on 2/9/18 then shipped home on10/9/18.

What were the location's of the FHs. 

Welcome to the Forum !

Can you expand upon any more details ? Do you have his unit and service number as it will help find more information.

I found a Field Ambulance 315 which was a part of 65 (Lowland) Division which didn't leave the UK, but no sign of a 354 on foreigh service or at home.

Thank you for responding ,much appreciated.Archibald John Bishop DOB 22/6/1894.Joined as Pte 2nd Dragoons (Royal Scots Greys GS 9386 then became a  2nd Lieutenant in the RAF D/13672

From his records.         Fghg 113   wounded 21/7/18    cas.Ref,F    22/7/18

Hospital    23/7/18   FH 315        28/7/18                   

Discharged to Base Dep,                               8/8/18     FH 354 13/8/18.       

F3  Ech 138         wounded                            2/9/18

Invalided to England                                       10/9/18

Hospital                                                            11/9/18

Thanks for the new info. I don't believe that FH is a ref to hospitals/med facilities. It is more likely a (treatment ?) process form reference, in my opinion.

One of the processes for the second (2.9.1918) wounding was admission to the 32 Stationary Hospital at WIMEREAUX France on 4.9.1918. It was from here that your subject was invalided home and hospitalised again in the UK a few days later. In the first wounding process (21.7.1918) there is an an interim move to another facility, (unreadable to me on the adulterated Archive digital record (!)), prior to another hospital admission on 23.7.1918, and from which he was discharged to Base Depot on 8.8.1918.

Your subject was initially GS/9386 2 Dragoons and later,prior to joining the RAF, was re-numbered as a member of the Corps of Dragoons, which is where your number D/13672 originates.

Many thanks for the information received thus far,Is there a record of what the wounds were/cause.What day did he join the RAF and what was his Squadron and role.