Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm12hl

Centennial Memorial to the First World War Dead of Thames Ditton, Surrey published

Malcolm12hl

I am pleased to be able to report that my book We Will Remember Them.  A Centennial Memorial to the First World War Dead of Thames Ditton has now been published.  It covers the lives and deaths of the 107 men and 1 woman of this Surrey village I was able to identify who died in the service of their country between 1914 and 1920.  I owe an immense debt of gratitude to members of this Forum, who helped with the identification of a number of my subjects, and with additional information on their service records, and I would like to say a very big thank you to all of those who were so generous with their knowledge and experience.

The book itself is a non-commercial venture published by St. Nicholas, the village parish church.  I am claiming neither expenses nor royalties, and any profits left after the church has covered its printing costs will go to the Poppy Appeal.  All that said, I am not sure that it is appropriate to use this Forum for a sales advertisement, so if anybody would be interested in purchasing a copy, please PM me and I will answer any questions regarding contents, price etc.

Malcolm Cooper