Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Robert Bush

TBee

Robert Bush 14165, 64th Bde., Machine Gun Corps Remembered with honor on the THIEPVAL MEMORIAL. He has no known grave.

I have researched my great uncle above and have exhausted everything there is to know about this man, Place of birth, family tree, service records and War Diary entry.

Robert has his name inscribed on the Thiepval Memorial, a few years of searching I have been unable to find his name inscribed any where else.... A Norfolk lad, moved to Yorkshire for work then  enlisted to the E. Yorks Regt, and transferred to the MGC....I have made attempts to contact his birth home village via there history group and also there parish council, neither respond..

I have become deeply saddened by the response of his local village the place where he and his family were born, to recognize him and to help to have his name placed on the village memorial. I was hoping that there would be some kind of efforts made, this being a special year.  We have all these local talks about remembrance but this soldier has been forgotten to his home land.....

I wonder if anyone who would be visiting Thiepval Memorial with a decent camera, would be able to supply me with a photo of Roberts name inscribed, I say a decent camera  as I understand his name appears very high up.....Thank you.

Where did he move to in Yorkshire?

Acknown

• Admin
37 minutes ago, TBee said:

I wonder if anyone who would be visiting Thiepval Memorial with a decent camera, would be able to supply me with a photo of Roberts name inscribed, I say a decent camera  as I understand his name appears very high up.....Thank you.

You could try TWGPP

Ken

1 hour ago, Acknown said:

Where did he move to in Yorkshire?

Acknown

FRODINGHAM BRIDGE DRIFFIELD Brigham.

1 hour ago, kenf48 said:

You could try TWGPP

Ken

Thank you, Is this for the photo as shown or for an individual, 

Edited by TBee

• Admin
1 hour ago, TBee said:

Thank you, Is this for the photo as shown or for an individual, 

According to their FAQ two photos, the panel and the memorial 

https://www.twgpp.org/frequently-asked-questions

Never used them myself and the usual caveat I have no connection etc so you would need to contact them I just offered the link to help you

Ken

Yes, Very pleased, paid and with me via email in two days. I know its just a name on he wall, but that is all we have.

Thanks to all for you help..

Edited by TBee