Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CPRC Members as my Ancestors.

Keerthi  K.  Green

Mr.  Thomas  Lansaleen  Green  is  my  Grandfather  and  his  brother  Herbet  Lansaleen  Green  were  Tea  Planters  in  around  the  year  1900  in  Nuwara Eliya  District  in  erstwhile British  Ceylon.

They  were  members  of  British  Ceylon  Planters  Rifle  Corps.  In  1914  when  Great  War  broke  out,  they  called  upon  for  serve.  They  set  sailed  to  Europe.  In  1917,  My  Grandmother  Mrs.  Daisy K.  Green  had  been  informed  by  the  Authorities  that  Mr.  Thomas  Lansaleen  Green, my  Grandfather  was  among  the  brave  people  who  sacrificed  his  precious  life  in  the  Defence  of  the  British  Empire.

They  had  four children.  My  father Thomas John  Green  is  the eldest.        A  Photograph   of  my  Grandfather,  my  Grandmother   and  my  Grand  Uncle   and  several  few  colleagues  of  them,  is  in   our  Family  Album.   Also,  a  Clock  and  a  pair  of  Binoculars   which   belonged   to   my  Grandfather  are  still  at  our  home.  I'm  attach herewith several Ancestral  Photographs.  It's  my  pleasure  to  disclose  this  information on  the  day  of  100th  Anniversary  of  Ceasefire  of  the  Great War, on 11.11.2018.

Seating  in  Front  Row  Left  Corner with  black  Coat  Mr.  Thomas  Lansaleen  Green  ( My  Grandfather).  Standing  behind  Keeping  hand  on  his  shoulder  is  Mrs. Daisy K. Green (My Grandmother ).  Seating  in  Front  Row Right  Corner  with  white  strip  Coat Mr. Herbet Lansaleen Green ( my Granduncle ) with  the  workers  of  their  Plantation  at Nuwara Eliya Ceylon around 1906 - 1914.  

2137198625_AncestryFamilymemberswhowereatBritishCeylonPlantersRifleCorps.jpg.1864ea5a23ade63eb64a0272232d311e.jpg

Hi Keerthi,

Welcome to the forum, great photograph thank you for sharing it. If you want to find out more about the service of your grandfather and Gret Uncle, a good place to start is to visit the parent site 'The Long Long Trail' (see link at the top of the web page), there you will find information on how to research a soldier.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:38 PM, Captain RHW said:

I don’t have terrestrial tv anymore, it’s all online - will the BBC put it on iPlayer? 

Hi Gardenerbill,

Its  my  pleasure  to  received  a  reply.  I'l  follow  it  up.

Thank  you  so much.  Best  regards,

Keerthi