Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lest We Forget - the Men on the Wells Memorial

AlanCurragh

9 years after it was suggested that Sue take up a Great War project of her own while I drag her around battlefields, her book "Lest We Forget - the Men on the Wells War Memorial who died in the Great War" is published today.

The stories of 99 men who fell, and are remembered on the city memorial, including background on their lives before the war and reports from local newspapers.

Sue would like to thank everyone on the forum who helped, from the original idea to those who gave time in taking photos and information and those who gave support. 

Copies are available at the Wells and Mendip Museum from Sunday and Sue and I will have a stall at Wells market on Saturday 17th November - else please send me a PM if you're interested in getting hold of a copy

Thanks

Alan

IMG_2944.JPG

Excellent news Alan; pass on our congratulations. It's a lovely picture of SWMBO too, I detect a mixture of pride and relief. Will any be available at next year's conference perchance? For a change we could humourously harangue Hart to buy one. Unlike the collected works of the world's leading interpreter of WW1 history through the medium of modern dance a copy of Sue's book signed by Sue could be a real collectors item.

Pete.

Alan 

Purchased my copy today , first impression is very good . I have already  noted a couple of avenues for further research into the family history.

Please pass on congratulations to Sue.

Many thanks 

Malcolm