Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ernest and Bertie Ponder Suffolk regiment

wendyhawk

Your help please. I have two brothers in a photograph and the cap badges are that of the Queens West Surrey Regiment. Ernest died 1st November 1916 and is recorded as Suffolk regiment 6107. I have found a B. Ponder in the Suffolks, we know Bertie William survived. I have read that some of the Q.W.S.R went into the Suffolks. Can anyone be more precise with this information. Both lads were born in Suffolk. Thank you. I have attached a photo given to me. The brothers are the two lads with moustaches 1st from the left back row and 4th from the left back row.

20181106_112851_resized[12368].jpg

Edited by wendyhawk

• Admin

Hi Wendy

As no-one has replied to this you may want to try posting it in the Soldiers section and closing this thread to replies so you don't get "double posting" messages.

Would help if I could but outside of my knowledge area.

Good luck!

David

• 5 months later...
On 06/11/2018 at 10:59, wendyhawk said:

Your help please. I have two brothers in a photograph and the cap badges are that of the Queens West Surrey Regiment. Ernest died 1st November 1916 and is recorded as Suffolk regiment 6107. I have found a B. Ponder in the Suffolks, we know Bertie William survived. I have read that some of the Q.W.S.R went into the Suffolks. Can anyone be more precise with this information. Both lads were born in Suffolk. Thank you. I have attached a photo given to me. The brothers are the two lads with moustaches 1st from the left back row and 4th from the left back row.

20181106_112851_resized[12368].jpg

Hi, the lads you are referring to are my great grandfather Bertie and his brother Ernest, my grandmother is his last remaining child, this is the only photo we have of Ernest

Hi, this enquiry was part of some research that I did for a parent of a child at the school where I do a history club. Are you the same person? If not I can contact them and put you in touch with them.