Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

hazelclark

Poppies

Cline O'Lone

Ebay has hundreds off poppy badges for sale, most sellers are registered with the RBL and a percentage goes to them.

I myself bought a beautiful poppy badge with the Royal Irish Rifles emblem and the leaf points to 11 o'clock,  I've also

donated to the RBL poppy sellers just incase,,,,

Old Scalyback

Mikey.

I had hundreds of pins in my box over the two weeks, The initial bag full and 2 resupplies, selling at over 10 an hour aprox . It is a branch decision how many they order from head office and there is a small body of opinion that regards anything other than paper poppies as heresy. that said I only got 3 crosses which went in minutes. 

Brian

Edited by Old Scalyback

MikeyH
9 hours ago, Old Scalyback said:

Mikey.

I had hundreds of pins in my box over the two weeks, The initial bag full and 2 resupplies, selling at over 10 an hour aprox . It is a branch decision how many they order from head office and there is a small body of opinion that regards anything other than paper poppies as heresy. that said I only got 3 crosses which went in minutes. 

Brian

Brian,

I did eventually get one (1918-2018) but only because one seller had kept one back, from his small batch for someone to collect.

They did not return, so my luck was in.  Yes, I have sold poppies in the past and always plenty of pins

around, but not this year in this area.

Mike.

Edited by MikeyH

Marks13

My local RBL branch also struggled with the amount enamel pin badges received. Having been sent allot less than was ordered even though ordered early in the year. The 1918-2018 where in high demand but unfortunately ran out really quickly . Seems a shame more effort wasn’t made to mark the centenary with pins, bands etc  even though frowned upon by some traditionalist.