Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MC and DCM for Cuthbert Arthur Quin

Munny

I am trying to track down the MC and DCM that were awarded to my Great Grandad Lt Cuthbert Arthur Quin. He served in the 1st Battalion Royal Fusiliers. He was sentenced to court martial and had his the awards removed from him but I have since seen that they are still in circulation and were sold in essex in 1985. My family knew nothing about the medals still being around and I would love to be able to track them down and bring them back to the family. As to the court martial we don't know what it was for and we don't wish to know. All i know is that my Great Grandad was an incredibly brave man and I want to be able to honour him and his awards in the correct way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Munny

To save members volunteering background info to the query, rather than helping Munny with his direct request, there is

a thread here

Munny, welcome to the forum.  You were quite correct in posting here, as David Owen suggested, but some of us have a habit of digging around in an attempt to be helpful without realising there are already details given elsewhere on the GWF.

Moonraker

Edited by Moonraker

1 hour ago, Moonraker said:

To save members volunteering background info to the query, rather than helping Munny with his direct request, there is

a thread here

Munny, welcome to the forum.  You were quite correct in posting here, as David Owen suggested, but some of us have a habit of digging around in an attempt to be helpful without realising there are already details given elsewhere on the GWF.

Moonraker

Hi Moonraker,

Thanks very much for linking the existing thread. As that goes on about other serviceman rather than just C A Quin, I'm hoping I can get more of a direct answer here. 

Regards

Munny