Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

An Unappreciated Field of Endeavour: Logistics and the British Expeditionary Force on the Western Front 1914-1918

Gunga Din

Muerrisch,

I am only halfway through the book so I may be missing something, but there is a bit about the expansion. Not a great deal of detail as the book is written in a very macro way. Again, Mike Young’s book may be more informative. The model was there in terms of Divisional, Corps and Lines of Communications troops. They existed in both the Regular, Territorial and Special Reserve forces. You are correct that it woukd be interesting to see how the mobilization and subsequent expansions were actually carried out!

All the best,

Gary

My last book with Pen & Sword was proof-read by someone P&S assigned to it. And very good she was, too.

I did my own index. Not overly convoluted but I think it did the trick...

I'm disappointed to see the comments on Helion as I was thinking of pitching them (amongst others)  my latest waffle...butt know Ime knot sew shoear...

Bernard

Bernard

Don't get me wrong: I think Helion do a grand job. It's just that I feel they've grown almost too quickly and are putting out books in numbers that their quality control can't support. Victims of their own success without doubt.