Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Welch Fusiliers

Guest Hill 60

Guest Hill 60

On behalf of Dorothy as her internet connection has 'died'.

Has anyone any information on the 19th (Bantam) Battalion of the Royal Welch Fusiliers, disbanded 6February 1918?

If anyone can help Dorothy then I'll print off the results and post them to her.

Many thanks Pals.

One minor nit-picking point that won't help you a jot: the spelling at the time of WWI was Royal Welsh Fusiliers.

C'mon. You know what I'm going to say. Go to www.1914-1918.net, click on Tommies, then Infantry, then RWF. That will give you the potted history. You might then even go back to the homepage and click on Entrenching Battalions...clue...look at the 8th EB.

Lee,

The tone of your posting intruiges me. Are you implying that Dorothy is a scarlet woman? Fie on you!!

Guest Hill 60

Andrew - I just pasted Dorothy's original message from the Guest Book

Chris - Sorry Sir, you're quite right! I rushed in without thinking, I'm now off to the relevent pages!

Kate - Come On!! You've seen her at the Branch Meeting, she's unstoppable :D

• 1 month later...

My research suggests "originals" of 19RWF had regimental numbers 28000 to 29999, augmented later [turn of year 1915/16] by a block 45000 to 45999

Lee,

If Dorothy is still looking I have the relevant extracts for the 19th Bn from 'Records of the Royal Welch Fusiliers' (yes, the book spells it that way!) from Feb 1915 up to and including it's involvement at Cambrai in November 1917, and the War Diary 15 - 23 November 1917.

All the best,

Andrew

Guest Hill 60

Andrew - Thanks very much. I know Dorothy has had somm trouble with her e-mails. Would it be possible for you to e-mail the relevant extracts to me and I'll snail-mail them onwards?

Contact me by PM if you want & I'll give my e-mail :D

Lee,

No problem. Give me a day or two and I'll scan relevant parts and send them to you.