Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
M.CROSS

Ernest Alfred Weale

M.CROSS

The demobilization certificate, Army form Z 21, for Pvt Ernest Alfred Weale, 11th Hussars, regt no 13544, born 1875, was found in a library book a few years ago.  It was put to one side and forgotten about but has recently come to light again. I would like to return it to the descendants of Ernest's family.  Can anyone help?.  M.Cross

ss002d6252
24 minutes ago, M.CROSS said:

The demobilization certificate, Army form Z 21, for Pvt Ernest Alfred Weale, 11th Hussars, regt no 13544, born 1875, was found in a library book a few years ago.  It was put to one side and forgotten about but has recently come to light again. I would like to return it to the descendants of Ernest's family.  Can anyone help?.  M.Cross

Does it give an idea where he's from ? I can't see any 1875 birth, nearest I can see is 1877 at the moment.

Craig

ss002d6252

I suspect he's the 1877 man born in Bridgnorth
image.png.05f42ec5983db108262168f9206b2bc5.png

In 1894 he joined the KSLI and then joined the 13th Hussars in Feb 1898.

I can't see that they had any children however.

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

M Dean

--Ernest Alfred Weale was my grandfathers brother. He served in Boer War & WW1. I have his Attestation papers and a dog tag. He was born in Bridgnorth and died in Battersea in 1935. His wife Mary died in 1913 and after the war he married again

Michelle Young

Welcome to the forum Mary. M.Cross hasn't visited the forum since last November. Once you have made two posts, you can use personal messenger to contact them.

Michelle