Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bettington

Pesche

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:22, Pesche said:

Hi,

Does anyone know whether Major Egerton Milford Bettington and Group Captain Arthur Vere Bettington are related?

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter,

The two Bettington's you mention were indeed related.  Egerton and Arthur were brothers - and they had two other brothers, Claude and Aylmer.   I can give you more details if you wish.   And may I ask what your interest in this family is?

Cheers,

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your reply.

I've since discovered an article about the Bettington brothers in "Cross and Cockade".

My interest in them is that I am researching the life of Stanley Thomas Johnson, who set up Aviation Developments Ltd. in 1936, with A.V.Bettington as Technical Director.

In 1940 he gave E.M.Bettington's address in Welwyn Garden City, where Aviation Developments Ltd. had moved in 1939, as his address on a shipping passengers' list.

I see that E.M.Bettington patented a couple of improvements to the Chobert riveting system while working as en engineer for Aviation Developments Ltd.

I'd be very grateful for any more information on these two Bettington brothers in the context of my research.

Best wishes,

Peter

5 minutes ago, Pesche said:

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your reply.

I've since discovered an article about the Bettington brothers in "Cross and Cockade".

My interest in them is that I am researching the life of Stanley Thomas Johnson, who set up Aviation Developments Ltd. in 1936, with A.V.Bettington as Technical Director.

In 1940 he gave E.M.Bettington's address in Welwyn Garden City, where Aviation Developments Ltd. had moved in 1939, as his address on a shipping passengers' list.

I see that E.M.Bettington patented a couple of improvements to the Chobert riveting system while working as en engineer for Aviation Developments Ltd.

I'd be very grateful for any more information on these two Bettington brothers in the context of my research.

Best wishes,

Peter

The Cross and Cockade article was just what I was going to suggest to you as a reference, so I'm glad that you have found it.   If I come across any more info on these two men I shall let you know.   Good hunting.

Peter.