Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British Interned Magazine (BIM)- Switzerland 1917 and 1918

Paddy Jackson

David 

Thanks that's amazing. It tells me that this was Page 82 from Vol 1 Edition 7.  Clearly there is much to be revealed if copies can be found. I have a particular interest as my Dad, Yes Dad was interned at Murren in Dec 1917 and spent 3 months there.  How did you find that page?

It looks like the IWM hold a number of copies, but not Vol 1 No 1, which the British Library have, they had a page on display once but I cannot find it online.

This academic site also seems to have them.

Other links: 

Edited by Neill Gilhooley

Great sketch love the term 'Rabbits'.  My previous post about POWs at Murren was great for detail at the time and came up with some really good stuff including from you Neill. I see BIM was mentioned in that very early on but like lots of things got glossed over. Always worth going back over notes etc. So I now have three sources IWM (shame I was there last week) British Library and Cambridge Library. Thanks all

British Interned Magazine (BIM) is also available on a Proquest database called "Trench Journals and Unit Magazines of the First World War" which is available ay the British Library and probably is  available at other larger libraries. 

https://www.proquest.com/products-services/trench.html

I can't see what volumes are included, but the collection is stated to be "drawn from the holdings of major libraries and research collections, including the Imperial War Museums and the British Library"

Cheers

Maureen

Good work Maureen.

Paddy, If you traipse round one or more of these, let us know how you get on...