Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

C.C.S.

battle of loos

good Morning,

I would like to know if there is a register in the archives for each C.C.S. with the names of the wounded or sick soldiers and the date of their passage.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Michel

Afraid not, there were registers but most were destroyed. There is a small selection of CCS registers held by forces war records and find my past. FMP have the original sheets available but have less than fwr. The relevant CCS diary could list those that died but not all the wounded. Do you have a specific CCS in mind or know the man's division?

TEW

good Morning,

My question is in relation to the C.C.S. N °:
7 - 8 - 19 - 23 - 41
- 1st Canadian and 4th Canadian Clearing Stations.

I found for the 1st Canadian Clearing Stations.

Kind regards

Michel

• Admin

The 'First World War Representative Medical Registers of Servicemen' MH106 are, as noted above by no means complete but those that are available on the subscription sites are only searchable under the soldier's name and service number, not by CCS.  If a record of a soldier has survived it will give the information you are looking for in your first post.

This is a random example:-

167233811_Screenshot2018-10-14at15_41_10.png.2a7e6882c99133e0297128f45229e5d1.png

You can search for the CCS under keyword search but it is not very accurate in returning results because it returns every soldier with the digit in his number at any CCS.

The British war diaries can be downloaded from TNA for a fee or are available on Ancestry.  

e.g. the war diary for 41 CCS is here http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_srt=1&_ep=WO+95/500&_dss=range&_ro=any&_hb=tna

as you can see it can get quite expensive as the. diary is in two parts

As you have found the Canadian CCS records are available online through the Canadian War Memorial.

The diaries tend to deal with administrative matters, e.g. location, movement of staff numbers of casualties admitted/died etc.  They do not mention casualties by name.

As noted above if you have names/dates we can have a look, otherwise it's a trip to Kew.

Ken

There is a list of CCSs with records held in MH106 here, your choice of CCSs is not on the list. However, it's always slightly possible that there is a record of the man being admitted to a Field Ambulance which may have taken him to one of your CCSs. Or that he went to one of the base hospitals listed. I think this is only a very slim chance.

I guess from your choice of 4 Canadian CCS you're wanting results from after June 1917?

4th Canadian CCS in case you've not found it is here.

TEW

good Morning,

Thank you all for your advice.

My researches about these C.C.S. are related to some plaques of tombbe provisional found on the location of these C.C.S.:

782670849_plaquedetombe.thumb.JPG.0649030fd0208a0bd2266358de38b76c.JPG

I'm going to check their records to find out about these soldiers.

no answer in CWGC :blink:

https://www.cwgc.org/find-a-cemetery/cemetery/4300/duisans-british-cemetery,-etrun/

:poppy:

Michel