Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt. H. R. Pease, RFC ?

dutchbarge

Hello, Do any of the members have any information about Lieutenant H. R. Pease, possibly of the Royal Flying Corps?  Cheers, Bill

Cannot find any HR Pease in the RFC

Indeed there are only 2 records that seem relevant. Both seem to be quite elderly Gentleman

Harold Robinson Pease b.1860

Hugh Robinson Pease b. 1862

Brothers. Both Lt. Col in East Yorkshire Regiment in WW1. 

What information are you after and why do think HR Pease was in the RFC?

There is a Hugh James Robinson Pease in the RN in WW2.

Edited by Mark1959

Thank you for your kind and informative reply.  Pease's name is on a tailor's label inside a RFC maternity tunic I own.  Please see the photo.  It would be nice if there was a Lieutenant H. R. Pease in the RFC, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the label was taken from another tunic and added by a collector to the maternity tunic to tart it up.  Again, thank you for your help....I'm hopeless with the online LG.  Cheers, Bill

1.jpg

Hi Bill and all,

Mrs. H. R.Pease is listed as  "Fam.Lieut. 17th Cav" on board the ship "Logan" arriving San Francisco from Honolulu, disembarked on 7th Jan, 1921. US Army Transport Service. Passenger list.   See ......https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=61174&h=3960956&tid=&pid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=tIF2988&_phstart=successSourceee...Looking at other passengers may be, but not sure,  this means she is Family of a Lieut. in the 17th Cav.? Listed under War Department.

Regards Barry

Edited by The Inspector

I believe the tailor's label script initials are A & N C S L which stand for Army and Navy Cooperative Society Limited which was incorporated in 1871.  In 1934, upon incorporation as a limited corporation, the name was changed to Navy Stores Limited, which would place the label circa 1871 to 1934 (or a bit longer if the old A&NCSL labels continued to be use until their supply was exhausted).    

I found an H R PeaCe (not PeaSe) in an online RFC roster.  As both names are pronounced the same it is a likely candidate.  Unfortunately several evening spent with the online London Gazette have yielded nothing but frustration.  Would a Forum member be so kind as to help me out?  Cheers, Bill