Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Now you can spend 48 hours in the trenches

Wexflyer

bonjour,

Does he provide the mud, the rats - and the dead or wounded soldiers next to you ?

my opinion : this is just making fun of what was an inferno

kind regards from the Somme, martine

2 hours ago, mva said:

bonjour,

Does he provide the mud, the rats - and the dead or wounded soldiers next to you ?

my opinion : this is just making fun of what was an inferno

kind regards from the Somme, martine

Did you read the news article? It would answer your questions.

Hate to be a curmudgeon, but why does he have the overseas service chevron upside down?

21 minutes ago, Steven Broomfield said:

Hate to be a curmudgeon, but why does he have the overseas service chevron upside down?

As you will have more free time, why not sort them out?

Save a few quid, kip out in a tent in the back yard. 

Sounds good, but I'm a bit old to be doing that.  Besides, the boot camp would probably do me in!

1 hour ago, 593jones said:

Sounds good, but I'm a bit old to be doing that.  Besides, the boot camp would probably do me in!

They weren't picky on either ground during the Big Show!

Edited by Wexflyer

"Mud, the rats - and the dead or wounded soldiers next to you " - perhaps these are available on the dark web  alongside flagelation.

One of  our WFA branch members went on the earlier version of this, he got was enthusiastically unamused and very cross when I asked if he went on the standard or the premium tour where, I said, you can have a night-time barrage and on the third Friday of The month a trench raid. 

I don't think the thing in particularly good taste or worth loosing any sleep and warm Horlicks for.

Edited by David Filsell

1 hour ago, David Filsell said:

"Mud, the rats - and the dead or wounded soldiers next to you " - perhaps these are available on the dark web  alongside flagelation.

One of  WEFAbranch members went on the earlier version of this, he got was most enthusiasticall unamused and very cross when I asked if he went on the standard pr premium tour where, I said, you can have a night-time barrage and on the third Friday of Fridays a trench raid. 

I don't think its in particularly good taste and certainly not worth loosing any sleep and warm Horlick for.

Rather incoherent, but I think we get the point!

With apologies. It's a quote from a certain TV Program which is anathema to some:

"What, dig a hole in the garden, fill it with water, and get your gamekeeper to shoot at us all day?"

RM

Edited by rolt968

On 06/09/2018 at 16:53, Steven Broomfield said:

Exactly, but I am more concerned about the jeans and footwear, as shown in the fourth photograph.

Sepoy

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry a bit off topic, but this reminds me of a funny story my late father told me.  He was evacuated to Devon during WW11, he was about 12 at the time, and there was a young man living at house where he was sent, who for some medical reason couldn't enlist.  But this young guy wanted to experience war so dug a trench system in the families back garden. 

My poor old dad and another child evacuee were made to wear cake tins as helmets and put in the trench and pretend they were Germans so this guy could lob house bricks in onto them.  Maybe this guy and his trench system in Canterbury plans to do the same. :)

Edited by steve4016

On 10/09/2018 at 17:24, David Filsell said:

available on the dark web  ... flagelation.

Go on. Do tell.

On 10/09/2018 at 21:30, Sepoy said:

Exactly, but I am more concerned about the jeans and footwear, as shown in the fourth photograph.

Sepoy

I didn't get that far. I needed a lie-down.