Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Lady Linda

Photo needed in St Sever Extension, Rouen

Lady Linda

Hi everyone,

I am just after one at this very large confusing cemetery. It is a member of Queen Mary's Army Auxiliary Corps Elizabeth Johnston  Plot  S.V.L.10.

Many thanks 

Linda

bobpike

Linda

I have one, I will sort her out and post

Bob

temptage
22 hours ago, Lady Linda said:

Hi everyone,

I am just after one at this very large confusing cemetery. It is a member of Queen Mary's Army Auxiliary Corps Elizabeth Johnston  Plot  S.V.L.10.

Many thanks 

Linda

It's only confusing if you don't know where you are going. 3 years ago me and my sister visited there with a list of nearly 170 names. Thinking it would take us all day to do them, I even booked us into to a local motel on the pretence of being there overnight.

Once we had figured out the numbering system, which took us about 20 minutes, we knocked all 170 photos off in little over two and a half hours, which included several breaks due to my sister needing a loo break which are right back over at the entrance.

Given the chance, I'd love to get back there and run amok again.

Edited by temptage

Lady Linda
22 hours ago, bobpike said:

Linda

I have one, I will sort her out and post

Bob

Thanks Bob received with very many thanks. Your photo will get seen by about 13,000 people! It is for my Advent Remembrance Tree Festival at St Thomas's church this year.

Just to give you a heads up,I shall be posting a list of cemeteries I will be visiting in October soon.(Somme area)

best wishes

Linda

15 hours ago, temptage said:

It's only confusing if you don't know where you are going. 3 years ago me and my sister visited there with a list of nearly 170 names. Thinking it would take us all day to do them, I even booked us into to a local motel on the pretence of being there overnight.

Once we had figured out the numbering system, which took us about 20 minutes, we knocked all 170 photos off in little over two and a half hours, which included several breaks due to my sister needing a loo break which are right back over at the entrance.

Given the chance, I'd love to get back there and run amok again.

Show off!!!!!!!!!! I have taken 100 in half hour!

Marilyne

Don't know if it's still needed, but before I put in in the Women killed on WF thread:

858788449_ElizabethJOHNSTON.JPG.1cef9ee6602a703245a26cf75b8a2dd5.JPG