Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Concentration Documentation

WiseMonkey

Hi all.

This is something I would love to know for my researching. Is there an efficient way to find CWGC concentration documents without having to rake through every individual entry of a cemetery? 

Small cemeteries aren't so bad, but anything else becomes very time consuming.

Thanks

Hi,  

have a look for a post entitled ‘

CEFSG Sharing Resources with GWF, SAWGP, ANZAC, INDIA, etc.

By laughton,  2 July , 2015 

in Recovering the fallen section of this forum

if you follow this link from the above CEFSG Sharing Resources topic. There's a few things worth knowing.

The wiki page says -

Step Two: Using Firefox Software

We did not use the Mozilla Firefox Browser to undertake Step One as it does not appear to have the capability to find the SOURCE CODE of the web page.

This may have been the case but is not now, just right click on any plain part of a web page and you'll see 'view page source' I clicked beneath my avatar (photo top left).

Untitled.jpg.61e3524a56152676298515a37ef48452.jpg

You don't have to make binders, this simply gathers all the jpg images into a pdf file, sometimes this can reduce the resolution of the jpgs and make them fuzzy.

Irfanview makes a good viewer for this sort of work and can bind them up into a pdf file if you want.

Just create a folder for each cemetery and use downloadthemall as per instructions and you'll get all the files in one hit. You may be downloading up to 100 jpgs.

I was put off by all the instructions for a while but once you've done it a couple of times it all becomes very simple. The only tricky part is finding out the range of filenames that you want, I just do this manually with another browesr tab open and copy the concentration sheet url (the orange arrow on wiki site) into the tab and keep manually adjusting it up and down by 20 numbers until the next/previous cemetery appears. They are in alphabetical order.

TEW