Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

barkalotloudly

84th Field Ambulance Salonika/Macedonia

barkalotloudly

Just purchased a quite substansial set of original letters written by Lieut. Steel 1915-1918 {approx 40+} from the Salonika front whilst serving with the 84th field ambulance, always of great interest as original letters can quite often reveal much detail not available elsewhere. I note this unit has been the subject of various posts but noting recently. ,   

Chris Jeffes
On 30/08/2018 at 10:59, barkalotloudly said:

Just purchased a quite substansial set of original letters written by Lieut. Steel 1915-1918 {approx 40+} from the Salonika front whilst serving with the 84th field ambulance, always of great interest as original letters can quite often reveal much detail not available elsewhere. I note this unit has been the subject of various posts but noting recently. ,   

I know this was posted a while back, but if you still have these letters or know who does, I’d be so interested in what they contain? I have a relative who was treated by the 84th FA and am currently looking to build on the “bigger picture”. 

Gardenerbill
9 hours ago, Chris Jeffes said:

I know this was posted a while back, but if you still have these letters or know who does, I’d be so interested in what they contain? I have a relative who was treated by the 84th FA and am currently looking to build on the “bigger picture”. Please email me if you can

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum, the original poster is still very active and has been on the forum this morning so hopefully he has responded, may I suggest that it is unwise to post your personal email address in an open forum. You can easily remove it by editing your post. Once you have made 5 posts you can send a personal message to another forum pal by clicking on the letter symbol at the top right of the web page.

Edited by Gardenerbill
Add number of posts

Chris Jeffes

Thanks for the message. New to this and unsure how to edit? Apologies ha. Another beginner question, I have also private messaged someone else about another post. As I haven’t posted 5 times, will he not get that message?

DavidOwen
1 hour ago, Chris Jeffes said:

Thanks for the message. New to this and unsure how to edit? Apologies ha. Another beginner question, I have also private messaged someone else about another post. As I haven’t posted 5 times, will he not get that message?

Welcome Chris

I have removed the email address for you and you have access to the messaging system having made two posts so the recipient should get your message.

Good luck with your research

David