Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Norfolk interest

barkalotloudly

A couple of interesting items that have come to light just recently which i do not recall mentioning 

"On active service Yarmouth Mercury Album of 1000 men serving thieIr King and Country"

an album /list of men from Great Yarmouth each with a photograph covering the period   from September 1914-July 1915

Also via a very kind lady on  facebook a copy of the Mundesley Council School Roll of honour 1914-1918 listing by name all those killed served etc never seen or heard of this one before does an original still exist ? 

2 hours ago, DavidOwen said:

Could the roll be similar to this one at the IWM? https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/1500046123 it is listed as a "leaflet" (no image there unfortunately)

(Also seems the Farmer family from there had 5 sons in service https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205026085)

Yes that would be the item, the "Five Farmers " are not included as they did not attend the school? 

• Admin
1 minute ago, barkalotloudly said:

Yes that would be the item, the "Five Farmers " are not included as they did not attend the school? 

I would guess not, probably privately educated?

yes maybe at Greshams or some other minor private school

John, 

I made a note in 2015 that The Mercury had republished the 1000 faces images and although I have tried to locate more up to date news, I never made any progress.  Today I saw your post and within ten minutes I had downloaded a pdf.

Thank you. 

Rob.

Thanks for the alert. If you haven't worked it out the pdf is available here:

(sorry , don't know how to post this as a link !)

YarmouthMercuryRollofService19141915.JPG

Edited by charlie962

17 hours ago, rob carman said:

John, 

I made a note in 2015 that The Mercury had republished the 1000 faces images and although I have tried to locate more up to date news, I never made any progress.  Today I saw your post and within ten minutes I had downloaded a pdf.

Thank you. 

Rob.

a frustrating publication made up of several monthly? sections unfortunately there is no index 

25 minutes ago, charlie962 said:

How did you do that ?

Just copied the web address of the open document on the Mercury website, then pasted it in the reply box here.

Dead easy