Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Yugoslavian air force dagger

Ipcress

Hi folks

I'm hoping for a little help with a dagger i was shown the other day - the downside being that i didn't have my phone to take a picture.

It's a Yugoslavian Air Force dagger but with a different cross guard to those i've seen on Google. Solingen blade, superbly engraved, ricasso has cyrillic etched into it which i

think translates to  " Mitic Belgrade " ( second word is definitely Belgrade, first word starts with Mit )

The cross piece twists on both sides, each to a roundel. Perfectly straight on the lower edge. It's genuine, i think, but all those i've found have the propellor style design. The person that showed it to me also had an American Hawley air pistol from the 1860s. He's been left a load of items over the years by an old friend, passed away some time ago, and he's interested in identifying some of it

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ipcress,

Because Yugoslavia was not a country during the Great War, this dagger does not really belong on this forum.

I would suggest the swords/Bayonets subforum of  Gunboards.com or another militaria forum where it would get good exposure.

Regards,

JMB