Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

29324 1/AM George ARNOLD

Bardess

I am finding it rather difficult to, erm, find anything other than census returns/birth/death/baptism/muster roll/service record for George. I cannot locate his marriage [sometime during 1902/3 to Rose] or SWB List [if there is one on Ancestry or elsewhere]. He is buried in Smethwick [Uplands] Cemetery.

Images from Ancestry

Any assistance would be very welcome. TIA

RAF Muster Roll 1918.jpg

1911 Census.jpg

CWGC.jpg

SWB.jpg

May be a bit of a long shot. George Arnold  married Rosetta Emily Jones  June 1904 Crickhowell  11b   157.

Bob

I saw that marriage but think we can rule it out based on the birth date for Rosetta (if for nothing else). Rosetta Emily Jones' birth was registered Dec q of 1879 in Bedwelty so would be 4 years or so younger than the Rose in 1911 census.

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

Thanks very much, Bob and Craig. Their little girl's full name is Doris Rose and her birth was registered in the 3rd Q of 1904

Hi

You will not find a silver war badge roll as the badge awarded was RAF issue and not Army or Navy, it would have had RAF 559 stamped on the reverse.

Steve

Thanks, Steve. Are they available online or held anywhere?

Bob and Craig: I've been on the 1939 Register and guess who popped up? Doris and Rosina AND a brother, Reginald G born in 1914 - mother's maiden name JONES!!! Whether she went by Rose, Rosetta or Rosina I am snatching and running with the 1904 marriage above ^_^

Wonderful place, this

Hi Diane

There are no rolls for RAF silver war badges. Of the 11052 RAF badges that were issued there is only one list which is in Air2/197 and that has the badges issued during the week of 6th September 1919 and shows badges 9426 to 9492.

Steve