Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Tipperary Militia

Sandra Reed-Jennings

I am trying to find information on Stephen and Daniel Murphy from Tipperary who served in the Militia, they are on the 1861 census in Gravesend as farm labourers, newspaper article stated both drunk and worked for the cement factory and previously both served in the Tipperary Militia.

Stephen was born 1840, married 1862 and emigrated with wife Bridget from Limerick and family to Australia in 1865.

I know some units from what I have found came to England, but trying to find where they actually came from in Tipperary, we think Clonmel, their father was Bartholomew Murphy a land surveyor.

54 minutes ago, Sandra Reed-Jennings said:

I am trying to find information on Stephen and Daniel Murphy from Tipperary who served in the Militia, they are on the 1861 census in Gravesend as farm labourers, newspaper article stated both drunk and worked for the cement factory and previously both served in the Tipperary Militia.

Stephen was born 1840, married 1862 and emigrated with wife Bridget from Limerick and family to Australia in 1865.

I know some units from what I have found came to England, but trying to find where they actually came from in Tipperary, we think Clonmel, their father was Bartholomew Murphy a land surveyor.

Too early in period for this forum as they didn't serve in ww1.

To try and find where they came from this may help - https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/2346275

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252