Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kings Own Scottish Borderers enlistment date

drumbobs72

Hi all, I'm trying to find the date a relative joined the KOSB. If anyone can help that would be great.

His name is Harold Percy Berry. Reg. number 242294. He enlisted firstly with the Royal Fusiliers in 1915. The 19th Btn. They disbanded early 1916 I believe. He then joined KOSB, but I do not know the date? He later joined Scots Guards in 1921. 

Can anyone help please? 

Cheers..

HP.jpg

No luck having looked at close service and pension numbers on Ancestry, but I did find a close number in the Silver War Badge records of a soldier who only served in the KOSB (2nd Bn) - 242299 Charles Warren - who enlisted on 20th May 1916..

Mike

26 minutes ago, Langdon said:

No luck having looked at close service and pension numbers on Ancestry, but I did find a close number in the Silver War Badge records of a soldier who only served in the KOSB (2nd Bn) - 242299 Charles Warren - who enlisted on 20th May 1916..

Mike

Hey Mike, thank you for looking...This is quite interesting...That's a close number, not sure how the numbering system worked, Harold was 1/4th Btn KOSB , however, it would make sense if he enlisted at that time as the 19th Btn Fusiliers disbanded on 24th April 1916. 

1 hour ago, drumbobs72 said:

Hey Mike, thank you for looking...This is quite interesting...That's a close number, not sure how the numbering system worked, Harold was 1/4th Btn KOSB , however, it would make sense if he enlisted at that time as the 19th Btn Fusiliers disbanded on 24th April 1916. 

Yes I thought that tied in quite well..

M