Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

GP 90 - Great Pilgrimage 1928

BarbaraG

If you are on twitter search #GP90.  There is quite a bit of coverage and some wonderful photos, of the British Legion standards at The Menin Gate.

Mandy

Yes, huge amount on social media. It looked like an excellently organised and delivered event. Well done to Paul and the whole team who made it happen.  

It was an honour to guide a coach on this trip.

The organisation, for 58 coaches, ferries, accommodation, and itinerary have amazed me.

the Parade was an emotional experience.

Surely I can't have been the only GWF Pal to have been there, can I?

bruce

Bruce

I stepped aside to allow two members, who had never been to Ypres, to go instead. They both commented on the high quality of the guide on their coach. if it was you then well done. If it was someone else then they did a good job.

My chaps travelled with standards from Cambridgeshire, and possibly elsewhere.

Garth

As others have commented, it was indeed a pleasure and a privilege to act as a guide on this event. Mixed group on my coach, from North East of England, ( Sunderland, Stockton, Middlesbrough and York), the majority not having been to Ypres or the battlefield areas. Following their experience many told me they would be planning further trips with their families or friends. This is reward in itself. 

The actual parade event was, as has been stated previously, an emotional and impressive event. I certainly believe it was one of those once in a lifetime events.

D60F1026-97BA-4FC9-B877-6C2E196FDB84.jpeg

7929460E-097A-491F-BF3E-C07C30F42C0C.jpeg

Link to a video of part of the parade on their return from the Menin Gate turning at the end of the Cloth Hall to pass in front of the Cathedral.

https://twitter.com/OldBill504/status/1028666393821159424?s=20

Great pictures Doug, it must have been an amazing event.

Mandy