Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

H A Buss 2 Wing

Alan Bentley

In his flying log from Eastchurch for the 21st of June 1915 Buss says  "11.20 am, Avro 1011, 35 min, to Canterbury for reported hostile aeroplane"

I am interested in this incident as his passenger was my father.

Does anyone have anything further on this please?

48 minutes ago, Alan Bentley said:

In his flying log from Eastchurch for the 21st of June 1915 Buss says  "11.20 am, Avro 1011, 35 min, to Canterbury for reported hostile aeroplane"

I am interested in this incident as his passenger was my father.

Does anyone have anything further on this please?

Alan,

Sturtivant - RN Aircraft Serials & Units has for Avro 504B 1011:  2 Sqdn Defence Flt Westgate 2.6.15 - Became 2 Wing dett Westgate 21.6.15.

Nothing for this particular event unfortunately.  Remind me - what was your father's name?  Would it have been Gardner?

52 minutes ago, pete-c said:

Alan,

Sturtivant - RN Aircraft Serials & Units has for Avro 504B 1011:  2 Sqdn Defence Flt Westgate 2.6.15 - Became 2 Wing dett Westgate 21.6.15.

Nothing for this particular event unfortunately.  Remind me - what was your father's name?  Would it have been Gardner?

In the log he is A.M. (Air Mech) Peacock. Full name Herbert John Peacock.

Buss flew 1011 and 1014 until  the 25th of July 1915. Last flight has Sub .Lt. Simpson as passenger

12 minutes ago, Alan Bentley said:

In the log he is A.M. (Air Mech) Peacock. Full name Herbert John Peacock.

Buss flew 1011 and 1014 until  the 25th of July 1915. Last flight has Sub .Lt. Simpson as passenger

Peacock - now I remember it - the man with the pipe!   I'll keep looking Alan to see if I can find some details of the flight of the 21st June.

1 hour ago, pete-c said:

Peacock - now I remember it - the man with the pipe!   I'll keep looking Alan to see if I can find some details of the flight of the 21st June.

Thanks for that. Later in the Buss log, 4th of August 1915 Buss was flying Bristol Scout No 1258. This was the a/c that Flt.Lt. Rosher was flying when he was killed.

Sub.Lts Buss, A B Gaskill, R H Mullock A Flt. 2 Sq. RNAS Westgate 1915.

Buss at Eastchurch.jpg

Edited by Alan Bentley