Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Great War was a grim necessity

Ghazala

38 minutes ago, Steven Broomfield said:

Sometimes politicians are forced into unwise decisions by power from below. You can't just blame the politicians.

Very topical, Mr B.

Typically topical.

54 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Very topical, Mr B.

I respectfully disagree with you,if all politicians knew before they started any wars ,that they where going to have to be the first ones to fight,then i think wars may possibly quickly become extinct, James.

1 hour ago, ireland12345 said:

I respectfully disagree with you,if all politicians knew before they started any wars ,that they where going to have to be the first ones to fight,then i think wars may possibly quickly become extinct, James.

Sorry,  but it's much more complex than that. Wars are just as much about defensive capability as they are about aggression. Sometimes there is no alternative to war - or would you have thought it right and proper that the Belgians should just have rolled over whilst everyone else looked the other way and pretended to be busy?

Mike

7 hours ago, Steven Broomfield said:

Typically topical.

Since this is on the serious part of the Forum, I'll desist from mentioning Barbados.

13 minutes ago, Jim Clay said:

Since this is on the serious part of the Forum, I'll desist from mentioning Barbados.

I almost mentioned it, but decided it was probably better not to admit that I remembered it.