Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Farmer at Sheffield Memorial Park

Flt32

11 hours ago, Retlaw said:

I  have it on good authority that a new road is going to be made from  the other end, a farmer has donated some land for a car park. and Hyndbburn Councill and others have made a cash donations along with C.W.G. for this project

Thats great news thats the way we have recently gone onto the site from! Think it follwos the old railway track. In March he follwed us around the roads in his car and then when we were outside Serre no1 he took photos of us!!

Tony

went past twice today, firstly there was a tractor being driven with a teenager on the back of a trailer and a woman in the farm yard, all seemed quiet. on the way back a red 19 plate car was parked in the entrance to the driveway , no sign of farmer.

On 23/08/2018 at 11:12, Stoppage Drill said:

Luke 15:7

Agree

We were there today he went past us on the track turned around and stopped us with the usual do you know Judy Dench. 

When we returned he followed us to our car parked at Serre 1 asking the same and wanting our phones. 

Has anyone ever tried taking a signed photo of Dame Judi with them?

14 hours ago, harley1962 said:

We were there today he went past us on the track turned around and stopped us with the usual do you know Judy Dench. 

When we returned he followed us to our car parked at Serre 1 asking the same and wanting our phones. 

Wanted your phones?  Why?

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 09:48, Steven Broomfield said:

Has anyone ever tried taking a signed photo of Dame Judi with them?

Strange you should say that we picked up a signed photo of her recently and are going to present it to him in March( hopefully!) hope this will give us a free pass!

Tony

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:25, mills-bomb said:

Wanted your phones?  Why?

To show you photos of Judy Dench!

tony

Better still get Dame Judi to conduct a pilgrimage to Sheffield Men. Park.

Edwin

I met said Farmer 2 days ago.  My wife and i were in sheffield park when he approached us in his tractor.  He asked us if we know Judy Dench or Bob Hoskins!  This culminated in us being invited into his house to view his collection of battlefield relics including an unexploded mills bomb, a lewis gun magazine, several rifles complete with bayonets and a collection of shell cases.  We were then invited into his front room where he showed us a trailer of the film in question via the worlds slowest internet (it actually made a dialling noise)!

All in a ll very friendly just a little eccentric!

1 hour ago, AM87 said:

I met said Farmer 2 days ago.  My wife and i were in sheffield park when he approached us in his tractor.  He asked us if we know Judy Dench or Bob Hoskins!  This culminated in us being invited into his house

So you obviously said, 'Yes, she is a close personal friend and I can open doors ...' Sadly a little late for poor old Bob.

Guest Ricard 51

Bonsoir AM87....Delighted to learn that you had a truly positive encounter with this gentleman. I have never had any problems with him either when on duty or hunting.If everyone can understand his difficulties, respect his terrain and remain civil as do the huge majority of visitors to  our sector, tben there should be no concerns. I trust that the few,more obsessive ,"enthusiasts"  that  visit( and most of us have met them at some stage!!) will refrain from rocking up at said premises at all hours expecting to view the relic collection.That kind of conduct can surely only lead to further events. 

On 20/08/2019 at 15:27, AM87 said:

I met said Farmer 2 days ago.  My wife and i were in sheffield park when he approached us in his tractor.  He asked us if we know Judy Dench or Bob Hoskins!  This culminated in us being invited into his house to view his collection of battlefield relics including an unexploded mills bomb, a lewis gun magazine, several rifles complete with bayonets and a collection of shell cases.  We were then invited into his front room where he showed us a trailer of the film in question via the worlds slowest internet (it actually made a dialling noise)!

All in a ll very friendly just a little eccentric!

I love hearing this. I'm out there next week and as I'm from Sheffield, had already planned to take a small token to break down barriers and make it friendly. Poor fella, have issues around mental health myself and can sympathise with him.