Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lives of the First World War after the freeze

GrenPen

5 minutes ago, Kath said:

I’m a bit puzzled.

I thought contributions to LOTFWW had been stopped.

I have had this contact through my website.

Is it genuine?

Name: James Wallis

Email: j.wallis@essex.ac.uk

Comment: Dear the Owner of the 'Royal Edward.Net' website,

I hope this finds you well amidst these difficult times.

My name is James Wallis - I'm working as a researcher for an initiative which I'd like to gain your input towards. Having launched in the summer, 'Mapping the Centenary' is an Imperial War Museums-led digital portal. It showcases information about activities that marked the First World War centenary between 2014 and 2019, with a particular focus upon community-led projects. Key features include a searchable online database, a map showing where projects took place, alongside guidance on archiving and digital preservation.

Representing your online database and information about HMT Royal Edward, I'd like to invite you to complete a listing of this for inclusion on the database, via https://www.iwm.org.uk/partnerships/mapping-the-centenary

The most effective way for us to populate entries over the coming months is through direct contributions from individuals and organisations - thereby ensuring that the result represents the range of commemorative activities from throughout the UK (submitted listings showcase the remit of project activities, whilst additionally signposting users towards dedicated project websites).

The 'Add Your Project' Submission form takes roughly fifteen minutes to fill out and will act to ensure that the legacy of your project is recorded within this national repository. You're also welcome to share this link with others, to raise awareness so that they can do likewise. We are accepting listings until Friday 15th March.

Please drop me a line if you have related queries about the portal or listing process, otherwise my thanks in advance for your time.

Best Wishes,

James

Dr James Wallis, University of Essex

It looks like a separate project to record websites related to WW1.

"Search our database of thousands of projects and activities that marked the First World War Centenary from 2014 – 2019."

Craig

Thanks, Keith & Craig.

I've had a look at the link.

I've another page to write - will this be included  when I add it to my website?

Kath.

19 minutes ago, Kath said:

I've another page to write - will this be included  when I add it to my website?

Kath.

Hello Kath,

I did not completely understand the above.

When I was in contact with him in July 2020, I was happy for my name to be associated with my website, some people like to remain anonymous. (In other instances, where a history group has researched their local war memorial or similar, then the name of the organisation behind the website would be recorded.) I was also asked if there was a geographic location that could be associated with the website, and I confirmed this was the case. I'm sure that he can answer any further questions that you may have.

Hope the above was informative.

Thanks
Keith

1 hour ago, Kath said:

Thanks, Keith & Craig.

I've had a look at the link.

Kath.

I'm not sure if they're indexing the sites (in which case they may only do a one off) or if they just want a link to the site, you'd need to look in to it in more depth.

Craig