Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Location of THE REDAN

Speedy

Just thought I would collate all the positions  mentioned previously. Map Ref 57dSE1&2...…..

Mary Redan Q17a  . Mountjoy Q4a. Redan Ridge Q5a. Tenderloin (Tender Lane) Q4a. William Redan Q24a.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2019 at 21:01, EAST YORKSHIRE said:

Hello Jez, not sure if Mary Redan occupies the area just south East of the area you highlighted, (South east as you are looking at the map). I may be wrong but always thought is was nearer the fork in the road. And that William Redan was more over towards the Ancre Cemetery. Interesting area to walk though, back there in May (Brexit permitting!!)  Ian. 

Yes, we are hoping to go back in April to commemorate the 6th April Attack in which my Gt Uncle Edmund was killed. His Coy of 2ndSWB relieved the 4th E.Yorks Hull Pals (T'others) on 3rd April

I have got some other photos... on google earth you can trace much of the line in places

Interesting subject and discussion. Just a point of correction, there was no Redan Redoubt in the German lines. It was just the configuration of the trench as a result of the terrain, it was simply a trench.

A fascinating topic - I've learned a great deal from following it! The trench map of Beaumont-Hamel / Auchonvillers area was extraordinary!

On 28/01/2019 at 20:01, Jez2528 said:

Yes, we are hoping to go back in April to commemorate the 6th April Attack in which my Gt Uncle Edmund was killed. His Coy of 2ndSWB relieved the 4th E.Yorks Hull Pals (T'others) on 3rd April

Have a good time Jez, Ian.