Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Afghanistan 1919 by Molesworth

pjwmacro

Can anyone help please?

Is Molesworth's 1962 publication "Afghanistan 1919 - An account of operations" available for free download any where?

Many thanks, Paul

Hi Paul,

Not that I know of. I have a photocopy of this book which I made many years ago as its hard to find.

Its better than the official history for the campaign.

Can I help at all?

Regards,

Matthew

Edited by Matthew B.

On 19/07/2018 at 12:21, pjwmacro said:

Can anyone help please?

Is Molesworth's 1962 publication "Afghanistan 1919 - An account of operations" available for free download any where?

Many thanks, Paul

Cannot see an online copy from the usual suspects. Cheapest copy on Tinternet to buy looks like £45, from John Worthy, Rochdale Book Company.

BUT the book is listed on the British Library catalogue as being available from the British Library Lending Division at Boston Spa, Yorkshire. You should be able to borrow it via your local public library through an Inter-Library Loan, who may charge a small fee.  Its BL catalogue references are:

• Shelfmark(s): Document Supply X25/1152 
  • UIN: BLL01014292976 
  • That may help when ordering

Your local library may also be in a consortium with other local boroughs-so there may be a copy somewhere more local-usually easier to borrow (for quite a long time) and usually no charge-It's worth asking if there is a "library consortium copy" nearer than BL.

Apologies to all for a delayed response (family circumstances) - many thanks for your help.  I`ll try the library - I have copies of the Official History and of Robson's Crisis on the Frontier - I just wanted another general reading account, rather than something specific.

Regards, Paul