Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Vauquois

Doug504

Does anyone know of some good books covering the events around Vauquois? General introduction initially but also some more detailed texts.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated,

Doug.

Adolf Buchner has a 3 Volumes set out on the Battle of Vauquois Vols 1&2 are in German 

Vol 3 is also in English & French, it's all the photographs and tunneling Map of the area which could not be allocated to Vols 1&2.

ISBN 3-9800750-4-4

All the best with your research

Roy

Hi all! Sorry if am interfering in your speech but I'm too researching Vauquois... especially March-May 1915.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2018 at 12:50, themonsstar said:

Adolf Buchner has a 3 Volumes set out on the Battle of Vauquois Vols 1&2 are in German 

Vol 3 is also in English & French, it's all the photographs and tunneling Map of the area which could not be allocated to Vols 1&2.

ISBN 3-9800750-4-4

All the best with your research

Roy

Roy, 

apologies for the late reply, thank you very much for the information. Looks like I’ll have to brush up on my German!

On 30/06/2018 at 13:20, deutscherinfanteriest said:

Hi all! Sorry if am interfering in your speech but I'm too researching Vauquois... especially March-May 1915.

Not at all, I have an interest in the “underground war” and there are lots of texts about many of the more well known sites but I could not find anything about Vauquois. I think Roy may have provided you with some valuable sources as well.

Simon Jones 'Underground Warfare 1914-1918' references Vauquois but I do not know how detailed it is.

There is an association of friends of Vauquois, with a website in English and German as well as French. It seems a little out of date (e.g. forthcoming events in 2015), but you might try contacting them.

http://butte-vauquois.fr/en/

Lots more info with a search on 'Butte de Vauquois', but mainly in French

Cheers Martin B