Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

German patient at Colchester - 4 of 7

heatherannej

Hello again, this is the fourth German lad ... going alphabetically:   Same again, he was in Colchester Military Hospital at some point between 14 October 1914 to 18 June 1915, at the same time as the six others I have autographs for.   So far, the first three have been PoWs at Dorchester PoW Camp. I cannot find a Rich or Richard but wonder if the link below is right or wrong, given that it is for a Franz!!   I wait with baited breath :-)  Thanks in advance.  Heather 

KRONDORF, Rich[ard] Inf[anterie] Reg[iment] No. 179, Leipzig i[n] Sachsen

http://des.genealogy.net/search/show/712893

Verlustlisten 1. Weltkrieg, page 5760: Krondorf Franz (Waldheim)

Page Number 5760; Ausgabe 440; Datum [Date] 1915-04-08; Last name Krondorf; First name Franz; Ort Waldheim;Liste Sachsen 130; Reg.o.ä. Infanterie-Regiment 179.

He is on ICRC- as Franz Richrad Kronberg

Ahhh ... that identifies him then.   Thank you.

He was reported missing in the VL of 24.11.1914, his name has been transcribed as Kropdorf.

Charlie

6128C650-BD9D-4ADC-9D37-A831236313E0.jpeg

Edited by charlie2

45 minutes ago, charlie2 said:

He was reported missing in the VL of 24.11.1914, his name has been transcribed as Kropdorf.

Charlie

You read my mind Charlie ... I returned to ask if we could get him taken prisoner at a similar time as the others - for him being in Colchester with the others.   You have answered that for me!!!   Excellent ... thank you very much.  Heather