Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Defending the Ypres Front 1914-1918

AOK4

At last, the extended English version of the book "Bouwen aan het front" written by myself and Kristof Blieck (from MMP 1917) is out, see https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Defending-the-Ypres-Front-1914-1918-Hardback/p/13917

The book deals with all kinds of German trenches, shelters and bunkers on the Flanders front. A lot of pictures and maps never published before and new information from German archives and there's some interesting places to visit which are until now quite unknown.

Enjoy!

Jan

14672.jpg

Edited by AOK4

Well Done! P&S were the ones that told me my book was only of interest as a family history and not to pursue vanity publishing. I published anyway as the men who fought didn't need P&S opinion on their sacrifice.

This looks good! I am especially interested in the places to visit. Thanks!

Congratulations Kristof! I'm delighted to see this in English.

Having spent some time trying to translate from the original, will be interesting to see how accurate (or otherwise) I was, now it is out in English.

A good study of an interesting detail of the war.

Peter

Jan & Kristof  Thanks for getting it published in English a a great addition to my German collection and knowledge once again thank you.

Roy

Mine arrived yesterday. An excellent work and next one to start on the "to read" pile.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent work, I haven't seen any of the pictures in any other book. Great companion to Mebu's work.

41 minutes ago, Swine said:

Excellent work, I haven't seen any of the pictures in any other book. Great companion to Mebu's work.

Thanks to all for your reply.

I always aim to put pictures in my publications that haven't been published before. I see way too much of the same in many books (and often even with incorrect captions).

Jan

As I do not understand Dutch and English languages at all , I am hopefully awaiting  a German language version about the German Army in Flanders . 

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Goed gedaan !!!! 

Great job! 

M.