Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Copy of Army Forms - can anyone assist ?

ss002d6252

Sorry to ask but I'm again asking for help !

I have 2 forms that I'm trying to locate, a form W5070 (a gratuity calculation form) and a form O1815, (a form showing the balance of pay)

Does anyone have a copy of these forms amongst their records so that I could see a copy ?

I think this may be the W5070 below but I've not for the form number to confirm.

Thanks in advance (and a free prize to the first to be able to help - don't all rush at once)

image.png.7045f99080f3434f9f36b11504ac8811.png

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

• Admin

Craig,

Not come across either of those Forms despite always looking out for them and despite having looked at 100s of service records over the years.

So can't claim any prize !

If I do come across one, I'll certainly let you know.

Good hunting and let's hope something turns up

Regards

Russ

28 minutes ago, RussT said:

Craig,

Not come across either of those Forms despite always looking out for them and despite having looked at 100s of service records over the years.

So can't claim any prize !

If I do come across one, I'll certainly let you know.

Good hunting and let's hope something turns up

Regards

Russ

I fear that it may well be a case of never being able to track them down but there's always hope...

Craig

Hi Craig,

I looked at my great uncles service file. It has the same/similar form as the image that you posted, and other sheets. However, I didn't see anything that was specifically 'labelled' as form W5070, or O1815.

Regards

Chris

9 hours ago, clk said:

Hi Craig,

I looked at my great uncles service file. It has the same/similar form as the image that you posted, and other sheets. However, I didn't see anything that was specifically 'labelled' as form W5070, or O1815.

Regards

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Craig

8 hours ago, IPT said:

It may be worth corresponding directly with the National Army Museum?

Thanks, That makes sense. I'd never actually thought about doing that. Nothing to lose !

I also wonder if the Adjutant General’s Corps may have something in their archives for the Pay Corps...

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

I have sent some emails and also a FOI to the MOD asking what they hold. I have also specifically asked the MOD if they also retain any of the Paymaster's registers showing the gratuity (someone must have at least one surviving pay register somewhere)

Craig