Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

joerookery

The German Failure in Belgium, August 1914

Robert Dunlop

Well done, Joe.

As to the performance of the German cavalry, Fritz von Loßberg noted that in 1914 the initials H.H.K. (Höhere Kavallerie Kommando) were parodied within the German army as Hier kann keiner führen, translated loosely as 'No-one in charge'. Von Loßberg was at pains to confirm Jack's point that 'the cavalry could not be held to be wholly responsible'. 

Robert

squirrel
On 22/08/2019 at 20:09, joerookery said:

After the sticker shock wears off tears perhaps   You could see yourself clear to post an Amazon review??? 

Done.

joerookery

Robert,

Maybe this will convince you to read the entire book despite the price. I can  only apologize. I bought your book on Mons  and as I recall it was very inexpensive. 

Robert Dunlop

I have the book in e-format. Looking forward to reading it.

Robert

joerookery

In the continuing saga of too little too late. Our publisher has just slashed the price of the book by seven dollars on Amazon.com In the USA. I do not know if they did or will follow through with the British. There are two reviews on Amazon.com UK but I am not sure that the price reduction made that jump. It reminds me of the silver miner going down the mountain to get the payroll in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid. enough said. if you have not read the book you are wrong. Only $10 in Kindle on Amaazon.com us