Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Message To ' Tony Lund ' - Post 2008 - James McKenzie Army Service Corps 1914

To Tony Lund - Post 2008 - Regarding James McKenzie of Army Service Corps as a : Reservist - you replied to another ' Member ' amb ' - asking if you had anything on James McKenzie 

You replied saying you had ' Letters' from James's McKenzie

James is my 2 X Great Uncle - very older brother of Thomas - Thomas was husband of my 2 X Great Aunt, Alice Maud Bell - daughter of my 2 X Great Grandfather, Arthur Bell

I have James via 1911 Census for Holmfirth, Yorkshire, England + Nowshera, Punjaub, India 

Then a Website called " The Long Long Trail ' - a Post called ' ASC Remounts - One Man's Experience ' - mentioning what happened to him + the Letters he wrote to his wife in Upper Binns, Holmfirth - according to 1911 Census for Holmfirth - her name was Edith Emily McKenzie - they had 3 children

According to ' ASC Remounts - he had been in France then in 1915 - transferred to India

James was born in 1884 - Leeds, Yorkshire living with his parents - James + Emma McKenzie in 1901 Census for 47 Turner Street, Horton, Bradford, Yorkshire

i have  found ' Records ' of ' J McKenzie ' - Medals / Silver Badge ' and ' The National Roll Of The Great War ' on the ' nmarchive. com ' website + a ' Record ' of his Number - 762 / Army Service Corps ' under ' British Army

My Email - paulanoble67@gmail.com

Regards

Julie Cogan Bell