Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Photograph Opinions please

Neil...

Could i ask some opinions please ref my relative' I have found a photo of his hussars regiment ' the two gentlemen I've marked I feel could be him ? Thoughts please regards Neil

20180530_085534.png

20180530_085646.png

20th Hussars is my guess. Large H with a smaller X either side and a crown on top. If either I'd go with the one at the back.

montage.jpg.689eb4100a65a3e1867645176fd450b5.jpg

Difficult to be sure. Both men appear to have a problem with a "lazy" right eye, and wear cap at same angle

Possibly the shadows in the group photo misleading, but the comparative mouths, fold between the bottom lip and chin, and the chins in Corisande's post dont compare well

Probably not going to help here, but I'd have gone with the trooper above the senior officer, between the R and E of READ? :ph34r:

Edited by steve fuller

Thankyou very much for your input  the picture below looks like he has a nasty scar under his eye but I cant trace his movements 'I know he returned home and then went back but I wasn'  sure if it was through injury? I've found that he was stationed n Colchester before the war' and I'm interested in what kind of things they would have done as a regiment being cavalry if anyone could shine a light on this that would be great regards Neil

6 hours ago, steve fuller said:

Possibly the shadows in the group photo misleading, but the comparative mouths, fold between the bottom lip and chin, and the chins in Corisande's post dont compare well

Probably not going to help here, but I'd have gone with the trooper above the senior officer, between the R and E of READ? :ph34r:

Your not the only one steve my better half chose him straight out. 

Some of those soldiers look very under-age.

4 hours ago, David26 said:

Some of those soldiers look very under-age.

Yes said agreed there are some very young gents in the line up