Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New Aquisitions

barkalotloudly

A very varied collection of new purchases all of which a very interesting in their own way..

A German photo album of a regiment at the front in 1916 {Not just photos of "lads together" enjoying a beer but many taken at the front and just behind it?

A small set of photos relating the  production etc of aircraft at Norwich in 1917

a small set of Aerial photographs {one of my retirement projects will be to sort out my collection of Aerial Photographs !

a couple of Indian/ Gurkha regimental histories

A new book regarding the Lovat Scots at Hunstanton in 1915 

A diary of a man in the New Zealand rifle brigade detailed etc when printed??? 

And lastly an original copy of "With Horse and Morse in Mesopotamia" one of 200 printed in the 1920`s containing a lot of information including details regarding  Dunsterforce 

After a quiet period I was well pleased  

50 minutes ago, barkalotloudly said:

A diary of a man in the New Zealand rifle brigade detailed etc when printed??? 

Woof-do you have the publishing details of this item?

Woof-do you have the publishing details of this item?

unfortunately there are no details what so ever I would suggest sometime with in the last twenty years but that is purely a wild guess that is what attracted me to purchase it 

1 minute ago, barkalotloudly said:

unfortunately there are no details what so ever I would suggest sometime with in the last twenty years but that is purely a wild guess that is what attracted me to purchase it 

Does it have a titlepage?  Or even a printer's name?  Should be some more details out there.

Oh, yes-the name of the diarist might aid a bit!

Would be interested in hearing of the Lovat's book when you have finished. That's the Hunstanton one I assume?

Scott.

Does it have a titlepage?  Or even a printer's name?  Should be some more details out there.

Oh, yes-the name of the diarist might aid a bit!

Diary of Rifleman W K Wilson 1 platoon A company 2nd battalion New Zealand Rifle Brigade approx. 200/250 pages single sided typed pages a couple of original photographs no printers name, nothing perhaps one of a kind ??

41 minutes ago, Waddell said:

Would be interested in hearing of the Lovat's book when you have finished. That's the Hunstanton one I assume?

Scott.

"Hunstanton`s Highland Heroes " just published, records the brief stay of the Lovat Scots at Hunstanton in 1915 only 4.50 on the net a little bargain!!

• 2 months later...

What where the Indian or Gurkha Regimentals? Sounds nice.

Have you ever come across the Piffers mountain battery volumes?