Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Can You Identify Regimental Cap Badge

IPUN

5b05d57c721d8_UnknownSGT.jpg.ae209db36630da632a25d8aea02fef8d.jpg

I am trying to establish who this fantastic chap was with his resplendent moustache. A start would be to identify his regiment. I've had a couple of suggestions but I'm sure the wealth of knowledge on here could nail this once & for all. I think that there's a crown over the SGT tapes so could be a Colour/SGT or equivalent depending upon the Corps. This was taken in Autumn 1914 but geography may not play a part in the actual mob as the family I am researching had members across the country. I think he has a lanyard on his left shoulder & potentially one on his other as well so they could also point to something maybe. Any help in tracing this wonderful character would be most appreciated.

Ooops missed the fact that this was taken in Peterborough hence the geography quote above.

Do you have the ability to zoom in on the cap badge?

Others are far more knowledgeable, but I would say the RAMC is a possibility.

Suffolk's?

Chris

economy-1916.jpg

East Lancs?

image.png.d47caa152d3e9509bce76f3e647d4c71.png

Edited by Pat Atkins
add pic

Thanks all for your assistance. I'm afraid that I don't have the original & the one I have is very small in resolution so when you enlarge it the badge becomes very pix-elated. I would say that the way that the crown protrudes more at the top of the wreath that it's more likely to be East Lancs & they're the two previous suggestions that I've had.

Thanks Again

Ian